Thursday, July 28, 2011

Update through Pictures

Lunch @ Rustica on Saturday

Downtown Lima on Sunday

Paragliding on Sunday, also.


Followed by a hike up the mountain
to the Cristo del Pacifico.

A walk down the beach in Mancora.

Evidence of where we're staying.


Lunch 

Agua d Coco
A real coconut, chopped open =
real coconut water.

My favorite place to sit at night is on those steps.

The waves are amazing.
I'm thinking about trying my hand
at surfing since we didn't 
make it out on Sunday.

A kayak trip through the Mangroves.

We got out and took a short walk.



A boat ride to an island to see more animals.

Iguana :)

Crocodiles

Birds

Returning to the mainland.

Natural Hot Springs Bath

Needless to say, it's been a busy couple of days, yet it's been relaxing at the same time. Mancora is a very tiny town on the beach. Life here consists of surfing, drinking, and dancing, none of which I have participated in. I enjoyed our 12 hour journey to the boarder of Ecuador today where we were able to do the kayak trip and visit the hot springs. Tomorrow, I'm looking forward to saving some money by laying out on the beach and catching up on some sleep. 

I miss being kissed on the cheek when I walk into a room full of people. I miss being in a familiar place with people I know. I miss Lima and the variety of things to do there. However, I'm ready for a routine. I'm looking forward to seeing my family Monday morning, and I'm ready to be back in familiar territory where I can drive my car when I need/want to go somewhere :)

No comments:

Post a Comment