Saturday, July 30, 2011

Ready?

My bags are packed, my belongings are stowed, and my clothes laid out for the long trek home. I finally shed a few tears, I laughed over fond memories and pictures, and I wrote my conflicting emotions down on paper.

Tomorrow is my last full day in Peru. In the morning I have plans to meet Nilton for brunch - provided he arrives on time. In the afternoon my bus leaves from Mancora for Lima at 1:30 p.m. I should arrive in Lima around 10 a.m. on Sunday morning. From there, I will go straight to the airport for a long day of flights and plane changes. From Lima, I fly to Guatemala, El Salvador, and finally Chicago. I should be home by dawn Monday morning.

As I lay here and type, my mind is overwhelmed with grand memories that I will carry close to my heart until I am able to return. My soul is burdened that I must leave this place. My heart is excited to see my parents. I wish I could have the best of both worlds, life here in Peru with my American family and friends nearby.

Am I ready to leave Peru? Definitely not! However, as Paul states in Romans 8:28, "We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." God has a plan for my life. He's slowly revealing that to me a little bit each day, and I'm excited to continue to watch my life unfold as I walk closely with my Lord.

Am I ready to be home, hug my parents, and get back into a routine? Of course! While it pains me to leave Peru, I know that I have great things awaiting me in the States. I have been blessed beyond what I deserve, and no matter what location I am in this world, I know that God is going to continue to use me to accomplish His mission.

As a wrote a while back: Life isn't about landing at a destination and remaining there forever. It's about the journey we take, the ministry we do, and our faithfulness to the Lord during our time on this Earth. The only destination we're seeking is the final one, heaven or Hell. As I walk this Earth, my desire is that my life be one that leads to heaven and eternity with my Abba Father.

Ready or not, I'm coming back to the States, and I'm excited to see what God has in store for me next!

No comments:

Post a Comment