Friday, July 8, 2011

Llegamos!!

After an 18 hour bus ride (in seats much more comfortable than an airplane), I have arrived in Cuzco. Gisell and I boarded the bus and left Lima at approximately 6:20 last evening. After a very long trek up and down the mountains and many times around and around and around, we were finally welcomed to Cuzco with a bright shining, golden sun. It was a nice change from the cloudy, misty weather in Lima. Today is the first sun I´ve seen since I left Indiana.

We´re both exhausted, so we opted today to go out for lunch with her family, and we´ve decided to relax while watching the Peru vs Mexico soccer game this evening. Tomorrow we will begin our tourist adventures. I´m excited to see parts of this gorgeous territory and learn more about the history of Peru. Let´s hope the weather cooperates for a nice week in Cuzco!!

No comments:

Post a Comment