Wednesday, October 28, 2009

WoW

Basically the title sums up just about everything going through my mind right now. I cannot even begin to describe all the emotions I've felt over the last few months here in PerĂº. God has shown me a lot and taught me so many things. It's too bad that I had to be removed from everything "comfortable" in order to experience him in the ways I've met him the last 2 1/2 months. I would not trade this experience for anything in the world, and I am so grateful to each of you for your support.

I absolutely love the time I spend at the Kids Alive home. Honestly, that is why I'm here. Of course I'm "teaching" and using my university diploma, but the kids at the home are what really get me excited. It's nice to walk through the door and be greeted with millions of hugs and kisses, kids begging to be played with, and others begging for help with their homework. (Okay, so maybe I'm the one begging them to sit down and let me help with their homework, but it's all the same, right?) Tonight, the Canadian team shared one last evening with the kids after two weeks of hard labor in Pachacamac (the location of the new home). I was blessed by the children singing 2 songs for the 'despedida' (good-bye) of the team. If you're friends with me on Facebook you should check out the video (thanks to Elise) - and if you're not friends with me, we should probably be friends ;) I can't help but imagine that God was even more blessed by these small yet mighty voices than I myself was.

Now that word is out that I am for sure leaving in December to go home for Christmas, the new question everyone seems to be asking is, "When are you coming back?" It's a question with a complicated answer that right now only God knows. I'm praying for a clear understanding of where I'm supposed to be in the year 2010. You're prayers in this area would be much appreciated!

Not that I'm counting, but...31 student days of school...36 staff days...51 days until I'm home for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment