Monday, October 19, 2009

Cuando Dios Abre una Puerta

Sometimes God puts things in front of us, and we don't accept the challenge because it appears too difficult, it seems impossible, or we think our plans are better. Sometimes he opens doors and we don't walk through them because they appear too easy or too obvious. I'm guilty of both, but recently I'm learning to really look at all things that come at me and see God in all situations.

God opened doors for me to come to PerĂº quite a few times, but it wasn't until I actually came back on a mission trip that I decided it wasn't impossible or too big. I had to check things out one more time and prove to myself I could do it before I was fully convinced that maybe I would be okay. Since coming, I've had a wonderful time, and God has opened many doors that have allowed me to see many parts of Lima and meet many wonderful people. Somedays when I'm out enjoying the city, I don't even feel like I'm hundreds of miles away from everything I used to know.

I'm looking for the right door to walk through for the year 2010. Today I phoned a few Peruvian schools about openings, and I continue to look for openings back in the great state of Indiana, too. I went to a Peruvian friend's home today for lunch, and she handed me a magazine that lists most of the private schools in Lima. I will search through the list and see if any are contact worthy. I continue to pray for wisdom and certainty in whatever decision I make. I want to be where God wants me, but I'm not sure where the door is.

In other news, yesterday I got to enjoy a professional Peruvian ballet (for free) about a mischevious girl whose mother would not allow her to be with the man she loved. In the end they ended up together; it was a beautiful ballet. We had seats in the box on the 2nd level, too. I felt like a celebrity. The theater was gorgeous, also; it was a 100 year old theater with very classic decor.

I have great connections! Thank you to everyone in PerĂº that has made my first 2 months a wonderful experience :)

No comments:

Post a Comment