Saturday, October 17, 2009

Happy Birthday LISofT

Practice...the days leading up to the big day.


My students very much enjoyed being able to
help decorate the classroom.




The stage for the plays. It turned out very nice.

First graders...The Stoning of Steven


First graders...The Conversion of Saul.

Second & Third Graders...Peter in the House of Cornelius.

Second & Third Graders...Peter's Miraculous Escape from Jail

Second & Third Graders...Peter shares the gospel with Mary and Rhoda
It was a very long week, but all of the hard work paid off today. My third week here, I wrote the plays the students acted today. We have been practicing at least one hour each day for the last two weeks not to mention the many days before that learning the Bible stories and teaching the true meanings behind the scripts. This last week my students devoted two entire days to practicing and helping to decorate the classroom. Yesterday the students came a half day for rehearsal. After the students left, we spent the afternoon decorating and preparing the last details for today.

Today we arrived at 8 a.m. to finish up anything necessary. The students came at 10:00 to put on their costumes and run through the lines one final time. The parents rotated into our classroom in three sessions. My students were very tired by the end, but they cheered up when I offered them lollipops for doing so well today. I was honestly impressed with their performances today and their overall behavior. They've come so far in the last two months...it makes a teacher proud :)

My weekend seems backwards. I have Monday off since we worked today, so it will be like having Sunday and Saturday switched. I get to go to a Peruvian ballet tomorrow for free which should be a lot of fun. The husband of one of the teachers I work with works for the theater and received 4 tickets for the ballet. I'm excited to see it. I thoroughly enjoy weekends and getting out to see different parts of the city. Each district has it's own uniqueness...it never gets old.

No comments:

Post a Comment