Monday, October 5, 2009

Prayer is Powerful

Sorry for my slightly depressing post yesterday. However, I just wanted to say thank you for all of you that have been praying for me. Last week was a very difficult week as you could read from the last entry; however, in the last few days I have received many kind emails of reassurance and encouragement. I spent a lot of time alone with the Lord this weekend, and today was a much better day. I'm so thankful to have such a wonderful prayer support backing me up.

The next few weeks are going to be hectic and stressful, so your prayers would be very much appreciated. Next Saturday, October 17, is the school's big 15th Anniversary party. As many of you probably know, the 15th birthday in Spanish culture is a big deal. The girls have prom-like parties with very elegant dresses and a large fiesta when they turn fifteen. Therefore, the 15th Anniversary of the school is quite a big ordeal.

On the day of the event my classroom will be transformed into a city from Biblical times and my students are working in 4 groups to put on dramas that travel through the book of Acts (the school's book of study this year). My students are doing quite well memorizing their lines and acting their parts. We will present a sample to the administration on Wednesday and make any changes necessary during the next week and a half.

While the dramas are coming along well, the classroom decorations are lacking. We will spend our "in-service" day on Friday preparing what we can, but I've been told many hours will be invested after school next week to really prepare. It could be a very stressful time, and I've been told patience is of utmost importance these next two weeks. Please pray that preparations come together well and the day itself is a huge success.

I will be sure to post pictures of the event when it is finished. You can also be expecting a section of my upcoming newsletter to highlight this event :)

No comments:

Post a Comment