Monday, July 9, 2012

Weekend through Pictures

 I rode the new train that runs above Lima.
Hector couldn't wait to show me this experience.
It was so much faster than any bus or taxi.
I hate traffic here!

The train arrived in downtown Lima where to spent time looking over the city,
talking about the differences between this view and a typical view of the U.S.

 We ate a quick lunch downtown. 
They gave us "free" Pisco Sours.
I didn't like it, so it remained untouched.

 I went camping with my friend Teresa. 
We spent the majority of our time at the pool.

 Just chatting and people watching.

 We got in the pool for all of 10 minutes.
While the air was hot, hot, hot,
the water was cold, cold, cold!

 The camping place had a mini zoo.
We paid (a very low price) for lettuce, sweet potato,
and apples to feed to the animals.
The monkeys were by far the most fun to feed.

 We also fed this large turtle.

And I marveled over the amazing creation of my God.
Mountains that reach the sky, clouds to provide relief from the sun.
Green grass and trees that give us oxygen and provide a bit of color
at the basin of these Andes Mountains.


All in all it was a great weekend! Friday I spent the afternoon with my dear friend Hector chatting and offering my personal advice on some issues he is facing.
I left Friday evening with another great friend, Teresa, to go camping in Santa Rosa de Quives which is about 2 hours outside of Lima. We stayed at a beautiful country club with her family and a few of her brother's friends. Reason for the trip: Her brother's birthday.
We talked, sat by the pool, got eaten alive by mosquitoes, fed animals at the zoo, ate and ate and ate some more, sang karaoke, played charades, and slept very little. The days were hot, but the nights were very cold. All in all it was a great weekend!

Tonight at 7pm, I'm headed to Huaraz, a city 8 hours from Lima in the mountains of Peru. I will be translating for a medical team that is coming from the U.S. I will return "home"(aka - to Lima) on July 17th. Please be in prayer for this trip: safety, health, and ministry. I know it will be unlike any other mission trip I've done. Right now I am a mix of excited and nervous. I know God had this trip planned for me before I ever arrived in Peru, so I trust that He will be faithful throughout the next week. 

I'm not sure that I'll have access to internet, 
so be looking for a new post when I arrive back in the city!

It's hard to believe that I've only just finished two weeks here in Lima. It feels like I've been here forever. Three more weeks to go, and lots of people yet to see! 




No comments:

Post a Comment