Friday, June 29, 2012

Day 4 - Health

Please, please, please be praying for my health. Yesterday, I woke up with a horrible headache and my stomach was unsettled. I was supposed to meet a friend at 11, but I decided to sleep in a little bit longer and ended up meeting with her at 1pm. After a bit of rest yesterday morning, I was feeling a bit better, but still all day I lacked much of an appetite all day. I normally don't have problems adjusting to the food here, and my allergies don't bother me near as much. I'm not sure what is going on. Praise the Lord that I do feel better today; it seems that I can't get enough to eat. Haha! Prayers would be appreciated.

Yesterday I spent the afternoon with my dear friend Teresa. Her mother fixed lunch, and we ate with her mom and sister (who is visiting from France). I really enjoy her family, and they make me feel right at home. Afterwards we went to the U.S. Embassy to see what Teresa needs for a VISA for a job she is applying for with LAN Airlines. Right now she is out of work, so please pray for her to find something. Her last job was not paying her as they said they would, so she left. A lot of the job market is corrupt here from what I understand. As they were explaining to me, sometimes the jobs don't pay you at all, and other times they can't pay you in full what they owe you for your work. The pay is not high for most jobs either.

I had Pinkberry ice cream yesterday for the first time. It is an ice cream chain similar to Honey's in Goshen or Sweet Cece's if you've ever been to Nashville. The only difference really is that they serve you rather than you serving yourself, and there is a set price for each size with and without toppings.

Last evening I went to Camino de Vida {the church that has become my regular church here}. It was good to be back, to see some familiar faces, and to worship the Lord through song. I miss singing in Spanish when I am in the States, but I like hearing sermons better in English than in Spanish. I don't mind them in Spanish, and it helps me to learn and focus on the words, but in English I am able to take notes without worrying about possibly missing the next thing the pastor says.

Today I'm headed to Pachacamac to play with some adorable children! Leo is taking me there, and I'm going to attempt the bus home. I've only done it with other people, but Juan Carlos told me an easy/safe way to return home; however, he wasn't sure how to tell me to get there. Usually if I can do it returning home, I can do it getting there the next time. I'm not sure why I'm like that with the busses here; it seems a bit backwards!

Let me leave you with a verse ~ Romans 9:16

It {salvation} does not, therefore, depend on human desire or effort, but on God’s mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment