Monday, June 7, 2010

Late Nights, The Ocean, & Crazy Friends

I know I haven't been many places in the world, but if I had to pick a favorite place I would pick Peru. I love the people. the culture, the fire my friends display for the Lord, and a mix of many other things. Maybe if I was raised here or stayed here for a few years I would feel different, but at this point, I'd say Peru is pretty great.

Saturday evening I went to church with a friend. Afterwards we met up with some of his friends and walked for quite a while before finally deciding on a place to eat...Pizza Hut of all places. I had a great time getting to know these people and sharing Pizza with them while talking late into the night. I finally got home about 1am and after talking with a few friends back home, I crawled into bed very tired.



Nilton took me surfing yesterday after church with some friends. He tried to teach me in about 4 hours how to do it, but it's something I think you have to learn through practice. It's all timing and balance. Again I had a great time meeting new people, laughing with them, and of course being in the water. I swallowed quite a bit of salt water due to the waves crashing into my face as I attempted to swim with the surf board further from shore. God blessed us with sunshine and a decently warm day. Thanks to the wet suits the water actually didn't feel too cold either.




I like that both groups of people on Saturday and Sunday were all people I didn't know before I came last week. I'm not sure what happened to the group we hung out with when I was here last year, but it appears as if they all dispersed and got busy with different things. I saw a few of them last Sunday, but most of them haven't been around. Hopefully at various points this week I'll be able to reconnect with a few of them.
 

I can't believe I leave Saturday already. I don't want to have to say good-bye again, but I do promise I will be back when God allows me. I feel like I have two homes...one in the States with my family and American friends and one here with my Peruvian family and friends. If only there were a way to have both in the same place.

No comments:

Post a Comment