Sunday, November 1, 2009

Never Say Never

I have a friend who likes to remind me that the things we say we never will do are sometimes/often just what God has planned for us. The specific phrase she likes to remind me of goes as follows: Your mouth to God's ears.

I've been realizing more and more lately some of the things I said I'd never do. A few nights ago I made a long list in my mind of some of those things. Then I had to laugh at all the things on that list I had actually done. A few of the most applicable ones right now...

1. I will never live in a big city. Call it coincidence or call it God, but either way, I'm currently living in the biggest city in Peru.

2. I will never teach in a Christian school. Again, coincidence or God call it what you will. I hope it doesn't make me a bad Christian, but I have a really hard time with the close-minded education that comes from many Christian schools; and many of my reasons for this statement have been confirmed in the recent months. I plan to share more of these thoughts when I'm no longer under contract with a Christian school...whenever that may be.

3. I will never date/marry someone shorter than me. I'm still holding on to this one. Those of you at home that keep hoping...sorry, but so far I haven't found too many tall, attractive Peruvian men. I like wearing heels too much to date someone shorter than me :)

I guess all that being said, maybe my friend is right. God likes to take what we think we cannot do and make it an experience in which we give the glory to him. Thank you, Kayla for your words! What a great reminder of God's providence in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment