Sunday, November 8, 2009

Adults

When I was a child I used to think that adults had life all figured out. The older I get and the longer I teach the more I realize that adults often pretend to have things in order. We pretend in order not to worry others or in the case of teaching we sometimes are forced to pretend to know what's going on in order that our students feel secure and trust us.

I remember a few years back counting down the days until graduation in order that then I would know just what I was going to do with the rest of my life. However, nearly a year after graduation, I'm not sure I have any more figured out now than I did then. Yes I have a diploma, yes I love teaching, but where God wants me to teach...that's another whole topic.

I want so badly to follow God's calling for my adult life, but it's not always the easy thing to do for myself or those that are a part of my life, especially my family. Our human hearts and minds cannot always comprehend the ways of the Lord. I wish so bad that we could understand; hopefully when we get to heaven, everything will make perfect sense.

Please pray for whatever decisions I may need to make in the next 6 weeks. The main one being...what to do next year. I'm praying hard for God's plan and provision for my life. I'm trusting that at just the right time, his perfect plan will be revealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment