Monday, September 7, 2009

Viva Perú

Yesterday, I went with a friend to Barranco and had a lunch of stomach, intestine, and I'm not sure what else. I am so glad they waited until after the meal to let me know what I was eating even though I asked before. It was good, but after knowing what I ate, I had 2nd thoughts of how it really tasted. I wish I had gotten a picture, but unfortunately I'm not big on food pictures.

We headed back home in a taxi around 5. When the taxi driver started to tell us about the independence day parade I jumped at the opportunity to see it. The Peruvian Independence Day is the 28th of July, but because of the H1N1 scare many of the celebrations were delayed. I had a lot of fun watching the parade, hiking around Miraflores, and watching the fireworks. Every good parade should end with fireworks. Here's a few pictures for you to enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment