Sunday, June 26, 2011

Fear vs Peace

For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.
2 Timothy 1:7


Right now, my mind is fighting a battle of FEAR vs PEACE. 
FEAR is winning, and it's tearing my heart and mind to shreds.


I have become very anxious and worried of my time in Peru. 
Fearful of the unknown that lies ahead.
Satan is attacking me, and I do not appreciate it at all.
How will I spend my time? Will I get bored if my friends are all working?
A month without a schedule; it sounds lonely and boring.
What if I get there and discover this isn't my life's dream anymore?
An altered plan for my future; it seems ridiculous and heartbreaking.
What if challenges come my way that I cannot handle?
The Lord is my strength; I feel terrified, but His strength makes me powerful.


I am going to Peru to love on God's people. I should feel at peace.
Peace that the Lord provided financially in ways I never imagined.
I have been looking forward to this trip since I returned State-side last June.
What will I get to do when I go back?
Travel and spend time with friends; it seems so exciting.
When will I get to continue to follow God's calling for my life in Peru?
The time is now; I don't want to waste a moment.
Will it get harder every time to say good-bye?
Of course it will; it's so encouraging to call them Family.




I pray tonight as I prepare for sleep that my fear would be overcome by peace. I pray that I would remember all the excitement I've experienced as I've prepared for and longed for this trip to come. I pray against Satan and fight for my Lord; peace will overcome fear. Christ will defeat you Satan!



No comments:

Post a Comment