Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend

Festivities began Wednesday with a very nice dinner with the children at the Kids Alive Home followed by devotions which included children reading verses of thanksgiving and sharing reasons why they are thankful.


Thursday I celebrated with my students. I think they had a pretty good time. They are already filled with questions about our upcoming Christmas party.



Friday I was invited over to Jon and Elise's for dinner (sorry I don't have a picture of this event), and afterwards I went to a young adults meeting at church with some friends (don't have a picture of that yet either).


Saturday I began cooking at 10am for Thanksgiving dinner with some of the school staff. I finished cooking around 4:30 just in time for the guests to arrive at 5pm.


Sunday, I went with the same friends from Friday night to a surf competition here in Lima. It was quite cloudy and a bit chilly compared to previous days, but we had fun nonetheless. I was pretty impressed by the talents of some of the participants.


I must admit that despite not having any time off work, I thoroughly enjoyed the holiday. It's always good to take time and reflect on all God has done for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment