Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Bittersweet

Just a few things I'm looking forward to upon return to the United States in 3 days:
  • Hugging my family when they pick me up at the airport
  • Clean air and the peaceful country setting
  • My puppies
  • Driving
  • Friends
  • High heels :)
  • Snow (even if it is cold)
  • Christmas sights and sounds...it just isn't the same here in 75 degree weather
  • A quiet night of sleep without car alarms, house alarms, barking dogs, honking buses, etc.
  • Carpet
  • A consistently hot shower that doesn't shock me and hot water in the sink

Just a few things I will miss about Peru:

  • The great people I have met
  • The kids at the home
  • Speaking Spanish
  • Church and Bible Study
  • Did I mention my friends?
  • New adventures
  • Peruvian food
  • The kids at the home (Did I already say that?)
  • Bartering for a better price
  • Warm weather
  • My social circle ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment