Friday, April 5, 2013

Where Will You Spend Eternity?

Can you say with certainty that you will spend eternity in heaven with the Lord? Maybe you aren't sure, or perhaps you don't even believe in eternity. I met a woman on the streets of New York City last weekend who told my friend and me that eternity is where you want it to be. We asked her to explain, and she told us that if you prefer a quiet place then your eternity will be quiet, if you like a busy place then your eternity will be busy, and if you like loud places then your eternity will be in a loud place. It was an interesting thought, a disappointing conversation, and another reminder that there are lost and dying people all around me.

I'm here to tell you that ETERNITY IS REAL, and your eternity will be spent in one of two places: HEAVEN or HELL. It's really that simple.

You can choose to believe that Jesus Christ is Lord, that He died on a cross and rose again three days later to save the world from sin and destruction. As promised by God, He will return for His people at which time all who have confessed with their lips and believe in their hearts that Jesus is Lord will be raised into heaven to spend eternity with God.

OR

You can choose to reject God, to continue living in sin without remorse, and neglect the emptiness inside. You can choose to ignore the evidence that there is a God demonstrated to us by the rising sun, the changing of the seasons, and the unique ways in which things come to be or happen on a regular basis. You can make the choice to deny that God loves you and that He wants an intimate relationship with you. If you make these choices, your eternity will be spent in the eternally burning fire of Hell.

Last weekend as I walked the streets of NYC and Philadelphia, I was torn apart by the quiet reminders that this world is full of sin, ignorance, and broken people. From our conversation with the woman mentioned above, to the obvious signs of sin surrounding us, I began to realize the need even in my own country - a very deep need. Overseas missions are great, but there is ministry to be done here and now before it's too late. 

I am a broken person, and my life, too, is filled with sin. However, I have made the choice to put my faith in the one and only risen Lord, and I trust Him that He has forgiven my failures. Because of this, I know my eternity is in heaven. 

What choice will you make? Where will your eternity be?

My God is a God of SECOND CHANCES!! I love the lyrics to this song by Rend Collective Experiment. Take a listen if you will. I've posted the lyrics below.





Second Chance

My future hangs on this
You make preciousness from dust
Please don't stop creating me



Your blood offers the chance
To rewind to innocence
Reborn, perfect as a child



CHORUS:
Oh Your cross, it changes everything
There my world begins again with You
Oh Your cross, it's where my hope restarts
A second chance is Heaven's heart



When sin and ugliness
Collide with redemption's kiss
Beauty awakens by romance



Always inside this mess
I have found forgiveness
Mercy as infinite as You



(Chorus)



BRIDGE:
Countless second chances
We've been given at the cross
Countless second chances
We've been given at the cross



Fragments of brokenness
Salvaged by the art of grace
You craft life from our mistakes



Black skies of my regrets
Outshone by this kindness
New life dawns over my soul



(Chorus)
(Chorus)
(Bridge)




*Shout out to those of you reading from Russia. I've seen your country pop up many times on my reader's list. Leave a comment if you will. Love and Blessings!*

No comments:

Post a Comment