Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Prayer - Finishing Off the A's and on to the Bs

The end of February and the beginning of March have left me busy, worn out, and lacking the desire to blog. However, I haven't quit praying for the nations, and I've had an amazing time studying the book of Daniel and seeing how faithful he was to the Lord despite unpleasant events he faced. He never quit trusting in the Lord, and he prayed with fervency. Reading his passion in the prayers he offered up really challenges me in my prayer life. Honestly, sometimes it turns into a mundane task to be done before going to bed at night. Of course, there are times throughout my day I pray also, but seldom with the passion that is so evident in the life of Daniel.

Sunday evening we had a praise and prayer night at my church. This sort of stemmed from the worship benefit my Bible study did in order to raise money for my Peruvian friend JP. However, this time it wasn't established as a fundraiser but rather a night of praise and prayer, a night to rejoice and thank God for all He has done for us while also offering up prayer on behalf of those in need. Even though the attendance wasn't high, it was an amazing night. I was blessed to hear the voices around me praying in unison in small groups for various situations. Tears were shed, and God moved.

I do believe this year God is teaching me about prayer. Last year, I felt Him calling me to "know" His word, and I decided to do a chronological study of the Bible. This year He's taking that challenge a bit further and challenging me to really dive into the word and study books in depth while also learning passionate prayer. In doing so, I felt called to pray for the nations as a way of holding me accountable for daily prayer and teaching me about intercessory prayer for my brothers and sisters around the world. I feel like a complete failure most days in comparison to Daniel, but I know that the Lord is working on this area of my life, and already I feel the change that is taking place.

It's awesome how God works and moves in so many different ways for so many different people. I'm still awed by the fact that He desires a personal relationship with me even though there are 6 billion (or more) people on this Earth that are probably a lot cooler than I am. I'm nothing special - just a girl who fails Him daily. Yet, despite my flaws, He still chose to die for me. His blood covers my filthy stains left behind by sin. He loves me for me, and He reaches down to me with love, grace, and mercy.

So because I'm behind, I'm not going to list each country with prayer requests that I've been praying for since my last Prayer for the Nations update, but I will give you a list to pray for, and if you would like more information on any one in particular feel free to comment, and I'll give you specific information. Please join me in praying for:

Australia (Pacific) - including Christmas Island and Cocos Islands
Norfolk Island (self governing dependent territory of Australia)
Austria (Europe)
Azerbaijan (Asia)
Bahamas (Caribbean)
Bahrain (Asia)
Bangladesh (Asia)
Barbados (Caribbean)
Belarus (Europe)

Main concerns for prayer would be the devil's movement through intensifying persecution as well as the intertwining of Christianity with secularism and materialism.

No comments:

Post a Comment