Tuesday, January 1, 2013

In With the New!

As I sit here, on my couch, watching the New Year's Rockin' Eve 2013, I can't help but think of the changes coming in the year 2013 and the goals I have set for myself. As stated in my last post, 2012 was an amazing year, and I have high expectations for this year, too. The year 2012 was definitely my year for growing in the Lord and the Lord advancing His purposes for my life. I expect that 2013 will be no different including a whole new list of experiences and challenges but hopefully also moments of delight and enjoyment.

Upcoming in 2013:


  • I plan to pray for every country around the world using Operation World Prayer Guide to Every Nation. Despite the turmoil, war, and suffering occurring around the world, I have faith that the Lord is crafting each event to His return as laid out in the book of Revelation. While I excitedly await the return of my Savior, I won't sit around allowing the rest of the world to live without knowing Him. As I pray for each nation throughout the year, I will pray for open ears and hearts and a desire to know the only true Lord, Creator of the Universe. I will pray salvation for people of every nation, tribe, and tongue, and I will have faith that the Lord will continue to work against Satan to fight for the human population that He uniquely created with a desire to have a relationship with each person.
  • My best friend is getting married (this weekend actually), and I have the privilege of being her maid of honor. Super excited for Alissa and Josh and the plans God has for them!
  • I am leaving a job I love for a country I love, a ministry that stole my heart, and a job I will hopefully enjoy. You can read more about that here. The negative to this is that it also means I must say good-bye to my family for an extended period of time, but I know without a doubt that this is what the Lord has asked of me. By following His will, I also know without a doubt that blessings and goodness will come from it.
  • Due to the job transfer, I will be spending my first summer since 2010 in the States. This will actually be my first summer since 2010, also since the last two years I've spent the summer in Peru which is actually their winter. I'm super excited to finally have a chance to get a nice dark tan to cover up my current pasty white state. 
  • I will {hopefully} be visiting two places I've never been in the States before...New York City/Philadelphia and Texas! I don't like that 95% of my friends moved out of the area after college, but I do like that it gives me awesome places to go visit! :)

Here's to a fantastic new year, new goals, new experiences, and a deeper understanding of my Lord - His intimate love and His plans for my life. Blessings to all of you, my dear readers!



2 comments:

  1. This is so exciting! You know I understand this on so many levels. Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Brenda. It is amazing the way the Lord works His perfect plan in His timing. I am thrilled for the year ahead.

    ReplyDelete