Sunday, January 29, 2012

Dios Nunca Fallara {God Will Never Fail}

It's been quite the...weekend, week, month. Life has been moving at a fast pace, and last night as I drove home from my dear friend's wedding, it seemed it all started catching up with me. I didn't even realize my mind was lost in deep thought (or rather worship as I sang to the praise music shuffled through on my phone). As I drove and belted out the lyrics to some of my favorite songs, tears flooded my eyes. Before I knew it, I was nearly bawling, and I wasn't even sure why. The wedding was beautiful and tons of fun...that couldn't possibly be the cause for my tears. Or was it??

As I listened to "Always" by Kristian Stanfill followed by Nunca Fallara by Hillsong United-Spanish, I realized that God was speaking directly to me, and it was not coincidence that these two songs played back to back. I reflected upon the wedding, and the union of my dear friend Anna to her husband Joel, and I must say I was overcome with joy. God could not have picked a better person for Anna, and her testimony is amazing and overwhelming. God has brought her soooo far in the last 6 months, and I am so thankful that through out Tuesday night dinner dates, I have been able to be with her through these major life changes. Proverbs 22:6 - Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it. {Anna and Joel are great reminders of God's faithfulness to parental upbringing and steadfast, persistent prayers.} Joel has been a great encourager and partner for her through trials and joys, and I'm so excited she has someone so great to spend the rest of her life with. I cried tears of joy for Anna and Joel. 



However, these tears of joy weren't all that was flowing from my eyes. I realized, I was pondering my life and where I'm at spiritually, mentally, and physically. I began to wonder, what is God's plan for my life? When is He going to reveal my 'love story' to me? When will I find love like Anna and Joel have found? That's when I began to really ponder the lyrics I was singing along to. 

Oh, my God, He will not delay
My refuge and strength always
I will not fear, His promise is true
My God will come through always, always.

-----


Dios nunca fallará
Por siempre y siempre
{God will never fail forever and ever}

It was like God was speaking directly to me, and only me, as I drove down the dark, empty road home. He clearly spoke, "I am with you always, today, tomorrow, and forever. I have a plan for your life, and I will not let you down. Trust in me, and I will continue to lead you one step at a time, day by day." Those audible words broke me...heart, body, and soul. I believe God has bigger plans for me, but I often worry I'm missing something. I often worry I'm stagnant here, not following God's greater call for me. But it seems that whenever I get in this rut, God is right there to tell me, "You are right where I want you, for such a time as this." I trust that God is using this time to develop me into the woman he desires and needs me to be. It's a great feeling to be affirmed by the Holy Spirit that you are in the will of God, and he is using you right where you are. I mean, if I weren't here in Indiana, I may not have had the honor of being a part of Anna and Joel's special day.

Thank you, Lord. I l<3ve you!!



*Endnote*
As I lay my head to rest last evening, I received news that my dear friend, Liz, had gotten engaged, and another very special friend sent me a message to say she'd received her very first kiss from the man she plans to marry. I'm happy for them, I really am, but it was too much for one day! <3




No comments:

Post a Comment