Monday, February 4, 2013

Intercessory Prayer for Europe

Europe is the most secular and least religious continent in the world; yet the Christian world
 remains profoundly influenced by strong European Christian traditions and history.

Honestly, I've never taken much interest in the continent of Europe. My family hosted an exchange student my junior year of high school from Germany, and while I enjoyed hosting her and learning about her German traditions, I still don't get excited about traveling to Germany. My ancestors come from all over Europe, and still my heart is much more focused on South America and my Latino culture. If given the choice between traveling to Europe or Africa, most likely I'd choose Africa.I'm not sure the cause for my disinterest in Europe. I mean, I enjoy seeing pictures, the history, hearing about the culture and meeting European missionaries. Yet, nothing that has been said even slightly intrigues me enough to desire to travel to the continent of Europe. Perhaps I have something against white people, although I am one. Haha :)

The last few days Operation World focuses on intercessory prayer for the continent of Europe. Despite my lack of interest in this particular continent, I have enjoyed praying for my brothers and sisters living in the nations of Europe. Please join me in praying for the beloved people of  this historically rich continent.

  • Answers to Prayer
    • Religious freedom in a previously communist world.
    • Evangelical growth and opportunity (although growth is slowly occurring) 
    • Strong spiritual authenticity among young people despite a stagnant older generation
    • Christian immigration is bringing the gospel to Europe
    • Technology is being used as a great resource to bring Christ to the people
  • Prayer Concerns
    • Russia's re-asserted influence
    • Europe continues in spiritual bleakness - giving way to instant gratification and secularism
    • Faith is a personal matter and intolerance is given toward Christian absolutes (even government continues to vote for human rights and freedom to choose for oneself over God's commands)
    • Decline in church attendance and loss of confidence in the Scriptures 

No comments:

Post a Comment