Monday, November 7, 2011

Weather and God

Weather...
One of the mighty ways
the Lord connects with creation.
Each day, a fresh start,
a reminder of God's faithfulness,
and a reason to be thankful.


Sunshine...

Shines so brightly on my face
as if it were God himself smiling upon me. 
Warm, welcoming, happy,
like a child dancing to a favorite song.
He's happy because I am joyful, too.

Wind...
Whistles as it whips on by,
throwing my hair into a mess of curls.
God's reminder to me
that even when I can't see Him,
He is still there. 

Clouds...
Bring me back down to Earth,
as I consider the pain of those around me.
Dim, sad, mellow days bring 
compassion for the lost, suffering, and needy.
God loves them; I do too.

Rain...
Tears flowing from the eyes of my Lord.
The pain He suffered for my sin.
I'm sorry for the mistakes I've made.
Yet I'm grateful that tears cleanse the soul.
Rain restores Earth just as Jesus restores me.

Snow...
As the snow glistens,
a cold crisp curtain hangs in the air
waiting to be shattered. 
Just as I am broken,
the Lord cleanses me and heals.

No comments:

Post a Comment